Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Marketing at it's best...

Standing in the toothpaste isle at Target, I was overwhelmed with the selection. Whitening, tartar control, with baking soda, with out... *dizzy*

I finally settled on an Arm and Hammer tp, and saw two that I liked. One of them was 2.99 and the other was 3.99.
....I read the active and inactive ingredients. They were exactly the same, just ordered different.

I went for the 2.99 one. It just amazes me how companies use packaging to their benefit. I've given up telling people to not take Tylenol PM when they can't sleep and they aren't in pain. That pink benedryl you have sitting next to Ty PM will do, but no... no one reads the label. Thus that led to McNeil marketing Simply Sleep. Benadryl in a different packaging. So so so stupid. OTC doesn't = safe. Natural doesnt = good.

Ok, I have to stop thinking about this cause it makes me bonkers.

No comments: