Sunday, May 6, 2007

Delays....boo.

Typical travel time from DC to Pharmatopia - ~3.5 hrs total inc. travel to from the airport ect.

Actual travel time on Friday - 15 hours

My flight from Dulles to airport E was canceled due to FAA's Ground Delay Program, or something...
I was supposed to leave DC on a 3:12PM flight to airport E.

I wish I had known about the delay... because, I could have spent that time doing fun stuff like going to the NMHM. (ooh... babies in jars... )

The next available flight to the tri-state area was a 9:40PM flight to airport J. I took that... The hours of waiting was made bearable when I discovered I could walk over to concourse B where they actually had sit-down pubs. Concourse A only had a teeny tiny bar attached to Cosi which was full of people from my canceled flight.

After the long wait I finally got on my flight and arrived at airport J. A long haul involving the airtran and two different commuter trains awaited me. I had limited amount of time since the train to my town cuts off after 1AM. So I'm waiting for my bag... and waiting, and waiting. No bag.

I find out that my bag is at Airport L... I'm not at airport L, I've never even been to airport L. Airport L isn't really accessible by public transportation...

Then, when I get to the train station that connects with airtran from airport J, I see that the train I need to take to get into the first train station for my trip back home is 30 minutes late. So more waiting.

So, in the end, I ended up taking the very last train to my town, which was only running at that late hour because it was Friday. It was the most eventful, tiring trip I've ever been on.

But everything prior to the return flight home on this trip was good. I learned a couple of new things... got some good opnions I wanted and generally was very impressed with everything.

No comments: